It is the member’s responsibility to be familiar with the ANKC Agility Safety Guidelines.
Copies of this document and the A.N.K.C. Agility & Jumping Rules are available at the club, or can be downloaded from the AgilitySA web-site. http://www.agilitysa.net/rules.htm
NB: dogs may not wear slip collars or attachments which might catch on equipment.
1. A dog must be 12 months of age before beginning Agility training.
2. The dog must be deemed fit by an Instructor, on behalf of the Head Instructor.
3. The dog must be under control.
4. No dog will be permitted off lead in the training area without the permission of an Instructor.
5. The equipment is not to be used unless with the permission of an Instructor.
6. Although all due care will be taken, a dog and handler will undertake training at their own risk.
7. All courses must be run in proper numerical order.
8. An Instructor has the right to ask a handler to leave if found to be putting a dog at risk of injury.
9. No dog which is suspected of suffering from an infectious or contagious disease (e.g. Parvo, Kennel Cough etc.)
or has been exposed to the risk of such disease will not be permitted to train for a period of five weeks dating from the
infection or exposure.
10. Membership badges must be worn at all times during training.
11. Vaccination certificates must be sighted by a committee member within one month of joining/renewing your
12. Bitches in oestrum (season) will not be permitted on the training grounds.
13. All dogs droppings must be removed by the owner of the dog.
14. No slip-, or restricted-slip-collars may be worn during Agility training.